Click here to recieve updates directly to you e-mail

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Almadex - El Cobre

We got some more drill results from El Cobre last week, and I've decided to use this project as the first to do an officially crap (tm) TAG resource guesstimate.

Summary


  • Small and low grade
    • ~101Ktonnes copper @ 0.19% Cu
    • ~640Koz gold @ 0.43 g/t Au

Let us quickly compare the market caps of a few favorite copper-gold exploration companies:

  • Almadex = CND$70.7M
  • Cordoba = CND$48.92
  • Regulus resources = CND$75.58
Regulus and Cordoba have decent project projects with resources:
  • Alacran = 53.5 Mt at 0.7% Cu and 0.37 g/t Au
  • Anta Kori = 290Mt @ 0.48% Cu and 0.36 g/t Au
The assays from the drilling at El Cobre just show that they have a few moderately wide, average grade zones surrounded by low grade dirt. I thought that I was missing something. So I brought everything into Leapfrog Geo to see how much gold and copper there is.


WARNING

These numbers could cause shock, amazement and cardiac arrest. Please sit down, breathe slowly before calling your broker...



Well, that is deeply unimpressive, but not unexpected.

In general the 'massive' intercepts were nothing special. So here is the latest 3D model (including holes 16 and 17) and the spiffy spreadsheet from here (link), so you can play with the numbers and call me a retard.

So,  Almadex is expensive, Regulus is cheap.

Background rubbish

This is a global 'resource' from all three mineralized areas (Norte, Porvenir and Encinal zones), and I used the 'split assay' data which back calculated the residual grade (i.e. outside of the narrower high grade intervals), to try an give a more accurate value.



Grades are also composited over 5m intervals.

Gold


Copper


I used the following attributes to calculate the resources. the important one for non-technical people is the base range (circled) - 200 - which basically means that Leapfrog Geo uses a 200m search radius to connect the grade shells, which, for a porphyry system, is a good approximation for inferred resources.

I also used a specific gravity of 2.7 tonnes/m3.

If you want the complete LF Geo project - flip me an e-mail (theangrygeologist@gmail.com) and I sent it to you.

1 comment:

  1. Hello AG, I hold AXDDF that I received from the spinout from AAU. I like the fact that my shares are up 4X-5X since end of 2015 but I don't chase stocks. I never could justify to add to the position.
    I also have TMQ which was a spinout from NG. Please take a look at TMQ and compare it with AXDDF. IMO, TMQ is very cheap in relation to AXDDF. Thank for all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete